The development of a social media strategy is not that of just a facebook page or a twitter page.
The social media strategy that supports the development of your business and aligns with business goals encompasses all forms of social media, from your facebook page, twitter profile, tiktok account, pinterest boards, instagram page, LinkedIn Profile, Foursquare account, and one of the 100+ other social media platforms out there. BUT ONLY IF IT FITS YOUR MARKETS, yes MARKETS, as in more than one.
In order for your social media strategy to be successful there are a few key components that it should include:
1) messaging strategy. This strategy will vary, will change, and will be a multitude of them. The way you post to a facebook page is different than the twitter message. The audience is different, so the message as to be different.
2) the editorial calendar. Yes I am aware, that we are talking Social Media, not blogging, but you should still have an editorial calendar. What are you promoting? On what platform? Who are you targeting? What is the call-to-action? Is there an offer associated with the message.
3) reviewing the overall strategy. What may work on your social media platforms one week or one month, may not work the next. Monitor, review and adjust your strategy, your messaging and your calendar.
4) it needs to be all encompassing. You should be using all social media platforms that are available. These platforms which different people. They have different purposes, and they have a different message.
5) And finally, it’s not about the number. It’s about the quality, and it’s about the engagement. By being able to engage with your fans, followers, and social media following, you are able to better utilize your social media platforms for successful business growth.
Implementing social media without a strategy, is like playing a game of chess with no clear direction, goal, or plan. Knowing what you are going to do, when you are going to do it, and who you want to respond, is critical to a successful social media strategy. Do not create a social media profile and then leave it there. Use it, build it. You will have a successful social media campaign if you are thorough and consistent.
If you aren’t sure where to start, or don’t think you have the time, contact us and we can help you get started, and help you implement and manage on an ongoing basis.